Friday, January 29, 2016

Driving

I was driving today and I got to thinking, what does the car a person drive say about them? I drive a truck it runs well but it is a bit older, and I'd say it fits me well. So I decided to further the idea: what does the kind of car a person drive say about them?  Well lets apply stereotypes to the this: Rednecks drive trucks, well I drive a truck and I wouldn't say I'm a redneck but I do have some of the cultural typical tendencies associated with the stereotype. So then I thought of my mom and friends and of other driver I know, my mom drives a mommobile of a SUV, my friends for the most part drive trucks, my sister drives a small little thing, so delved deeper and deeper into the idea, Does your car determine who you are? The only factor I found that prevents the car from matching the person is money.
Now money that's a fun topic for another time.

4 comments:

  1. I agree that a car can help tell you about the person. Although, it will not tell you everything. I am friends with many truck drivers while I only drive a... Mazda. I will definitely pay more attention to this and see how it works out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say it work about 9 out of 10 times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the money being related to cars idea. Many people in my classes at school have a lot of money, and they all drive nice cars. Although they have money, it does not define their personality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the money being related to cars idea. Many people in my classes at school have a lot of money, and they all drive nice cars. Although they have money, it does not define their personality.

    ReplyDelete